The network RivTemp is a partnership between universities, federal and provincial agencies, watershed groups and organizations dedicated to the conservation of Atlantic salmon.
RivTemp aim to:
- Bringing together organizations concerned with water temperature issues in Atlantic salmon rivers;
- Centralize temperature data collected by different agencies on a variety of rivers in eastern Canada (RivTemp database);
- Increase the number of thermal monitoring stations in these rivers;
- Share information contained in the central database providing access to it to the aquatic environment managers and stakeholders;
- Develop relevant tools for managers.
- Example: Tools to send out thermal exceedance alert
The RivTemp project was made possible through the financial contribution of the Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation (ASCF).